Sondage

Would you like to only seed the very best players?

Yes
2 (28.6%)
No
2 (28.6%)
Clbrun is a god
3 (42.9%)

Total des votants: 6

Auteur Sujet: Only seed those who need seeding to make the CDM a bit less predictable?  (Lu 2560 fois)

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
  • CDM2023: 2ème
  • Regular subscriber to the SMK multiplayer lottery
    • My Twitch channel (SMK livestreams!)
Its not an official poll of course as I am not really involved in the rules making process here, but I had this idea from watching how SF tournaments are organized. Over there they only seed the players that need seeding, so say the top 4 players of a certain mode would get seeded so that they don't meet eachother early on in the knock-out stage. The rest of the field gets drawn unguided.

So say Flo and Geo are top 2 in MR in 1 poule and Sami and Drew in the other poule. Those players would get seeded so that they can't meet eachother before the semi finals (exactly the way it is now I believe), BUT the major difference would be that the rest would get drawn randomly.

This means the #8 of the qualifiers won't necessarily meet the winners of the other poules and it would make the proceedings a little less predictable. Because let's face it, if you're struggling to qualify, you might as well give up on your last qualification match and be done with it already...you're not gonna stand a chance vs Flo or Sami in the 1/8 finals anyway.

Just a thought, let's see what people think!  :)

Hors ligne clbrun

• Censeur du forum
  • Adhérents IASMK
  • Titan
  • éternel looser des quarts de finales :'(
    • un jeu de baston snes aussi bon que sf2turbo !!!
well, i m not very enjoyed  :-\
if an outsider makes very well in poules (he s #3 or #4 for instance), he s a bit rewarded for this, since he can avoid some of the best poules players, and thus pass one or two turns.
it would be unfair in my eyes, that this guy meets flo in the 1/8th final, whereas a #8 makes a great operation since he can meet a #5-7 player... :P

with the actual system, even if he has very poor chances to beat a #1, a #8 rank will always be valuable just because of the bonus points earned for the qulification for the final phasis!
Objectif 2013 : décrocher le titre de FOY

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • CDM2023: 7ème
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
Karel, I'm not sure I'm understanding your system. Would it look like the awful randomness of Master Cup we had to live last year?
ce que tu penses, je le sors à mes potes à l'apéro pour les faire marrer

What is said in La Suze, stays in La Suze  ;D

Hors ligne clbrun

• Censeur du forum
  • Adhérents IASMK
  • Titan
  • éternel looser des quarts de finales :'(
    • un jeu de baston snes aussi bon que sf2turbo !!!
i understood the #1 and #2 will be placed in the 4 part of the final phasis table, so that they can not meet themselves before the semi finales, then all the other qualified players (namely #3 to #8) will be placed randomly.

a bit like master cup, of the cdf 2002
Objectif 2013 : décrocher le titre de FOY