Auteur Sujet: Battle Mode Goal Total  (Lu 56540 fois)

Hors ligne Champion de la TOC

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • CDM2023: 4ème
  • 57"90... and ...
    • Super Mario Kart Time Trial World Rankings
Re : Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #45 le: 03 août 2010, à 15:18:50 »
How about they do this, if Geo and Drew reach the final, they can decide between them if they want to do first to 15 or 20, just as a special occasion. If they are both agreed they do it, if not, then first to 11.

If it takes too long as can all go to sleep and wake up the next morning by the time it is 19-19 just to see the finish :D
The Last Jedi of SMK

"It's time for the SMK skills, to end"

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • CDM2023: 7ème
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
Re : Re : Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #46 le: 03 août 2010, à 15:20:28 »
How about they do this, if Geo and Drew reach the final, they can decide between them if they want to do first to 15 or 20, just as a special occasion. If they are both agreed they do it, if not, then first to 11.

Another gentlemen's agreement, after deciding not to use IBs, then lightnings? Will next step be an agreement for not using zoomstarts in MR?
ce que tu penses, je le sors à mes potes à l'apéro pour les faire marrer

What is said in La Suze, stays in La Suze  ;D

Hors ligne Gatchan

• King
  • the Rambo of SMK
« Réponse #47 le: 03 août 2010, à 15:39:17 »
I'm not saying Drew lost because of the fault of the 11 wins rule, that would indeed be quite a stupid statement to make. I am saying that a 20 wins rule would have likely resulted in a better match, which is the example you asked for and thus the point I was trying to make.

I know you're not defending that ;), but that's why I can't consider it as the good example I was asking for.

Well my worry is that when several players reach Geo's level of intouchability or red shell immunity, the most decisive factor to seperate two such skilled players would be by how many random greens they would get hit (unlucky three hit combos). But since this is purely hypothetical (like you said Gatchan), the problem hasn't manifested itself at all yet, thankfully.  :P

Maybe I'm repeating myself, but if several players reach this level, ONLY random factor can decide the victory, 'cause both are just too good. That's why it's beautiful, even if it's a random green or a lightning, or whatever is provided by the game.

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
  • CDM2023: 2ème
  • Regular subscriber to the SMK multiplayer lottery
    • My Twitch channel (SMK livestreams!)
« Réponse #48 le: 03 août 2010, à 15:50:38 »
Maybe I'm repeating myself, but if several players reach this level, ONLY random factor can decide the victory, 'cause both are just too good. That's why it's beautiful, even if it's a random green or a lightning, or whatever is provided by the game.

I don't think it's necessarily beautiful to be too good at being safe. It's a bit like football, where everyone supports a team like Barcelona, that takes risks and plays with style. Yet Inter wins the CL by defensive play, because they are so good at being safe. But, imagine if there were several teams playing with the same strength and style as Inter, then those matches would be decided by randomness only (for example penalties at the end or wrong ref decisions). I don't know if that's beautiful, in fact, I think the football watching public would dramatically decrease in size if this would be the case for a few years consistently.

Hors ligne Geo

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Legend
  • CDM2023: 5ème
Re : Re: Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #49 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:01:27 »
Well my worry is that when several players reach Geo's level of intouchability or red shell immunity, the most decisive factor to seperate two such skilled players would be by how many random greens they would get hit (unlucky three hit combos).

I am not that good man... ;D Ok sometimes in a good moment, I am hard to hit BUT there is always a way to finally hit the opponent with a red, finding the good moment to shoot.

And I think you shouldn't over-estimate me, because remember that Drew was playing with DK with a woman's dress. This year, he will take princess he said, and he is the favourite with this character because in the "low speed situations", he is the master. Of course, I still have a chance to win. We will see...

And there are all the others potential winners : Sami, Harold, Florent, Karel, Scoub, Kartie, Mario...
« Modifié: 03 août 2010, à 16:09:17 par Geo »
The thing we spent the most time thinking about was the Battle Mode. Miyamoto.

Hors ligne Gatchan

• King
  • the Rambo of SMK
« Réponse #50 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:03:09 »
I understand what you mean. But difference with footie is that you HAVE to win (no clock to wait for). And in SMK, playing aggressively can also become totally wrong and unefficient (is it beautiful when Harold just tries over-risky moves and fail like shit ;D? No, it's just funny ;D). Hopefully until now nobody tried to win at map 2 by jumping into the water and just waiting for the opponent's mistake (that would be the best defense strat, wouldn't be?). We have moral values and respect for the game, which maybe some football teams don't have. So, just trust the game's decision factor and your skills ;).

Hors ligne noctambule

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Legend
  • Parigo Skanky & Lovely Style
Re : Re : Re: Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #51 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:07:53 »
I am not that good man... ;D
Drew is the favourite
Of course, I still have a chance to win. We will see...
pure sami style ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

is it beautiful when Harold just tries over-risky moves and fail like shit ;D? No, it's just funny ;D
true. my role is to offer people some relaxation O0
CDM, où tu iras j'irai :-* O0

Bref, je conclue en espérant que vous ouvriez un peu les yeux... :(

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
Re : Re : Re: Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #52 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:11:19 »
And there are all the others potential winners : Sami, Harold, Florent, Karel, Scoub, Kartie, Mario...

Why are you putting Harold in this list of potential TT winners? ::)

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
« Réponse #53 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:19:45 »
Hopefully until now nobody tried to win at map 2 by jumping into the water and just waiting for the opponent's mistake (that would be the best defense strat, wouldn't be?).

Actually it is not IF the opponent knows what he's doing!  ;D It's possible within a few attempts (when timed correctly) to shoot a green through the wall...if succeeded and the opponent is hiding in one of those cubicles, he would almost certainly get hit, because the green only has such a small area to move and will very likely intersect with your hiding spot.  O0

Nice Sami imitation yes Geo!  ;D ;D
« Modifié: 03 août 2010, à 16:21:28 par KVD »

Hors ligne noctambule

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Legend
  • Parigo Skanky & Lovely Style
Re : Re : Re : Re: Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #54 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:20:08 »

haha déjà on parle du battle, donc c'est plutot ton nom qui fait office de blague ;D ;D
et bien sur que je peux gagner le TT !... si c'est kartie qui joue :P
CDM, où tu iras j'irai :-* O0

Bref, je conclue en espérant que vous ouvriez un peu les yeux... :(

Hors ligne ScouB

• Webmaster
  • Titan
  • SMK World Champion
    • Twitch
« Réponse #55 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:31:06 »
Ya pas que le sien  ;D
:kot_1: :kot_2: :kot_3: :kot_eclair: :kot_coeur: :kot_baffe:  Calza.

Follow me on: YouTube // Twitch // Twitter

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • 57"90... and ...
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re: Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #56 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:34:55 »

haha déjà on parle du battle, donc c'est plutot ton nom qui fait office de blague ;D ;D
et bien sur que je peux gagner le TT !... si c'est kartie qui joue :P

I think Harold can do very well at TT, just bit of luck and could get to the very high ranks.

Mario's great improvement on TT since the past year will also be a potential medallist, maybe even finalist now.
The Last Jedi of SMK

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
Re: Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #57 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:39:13 »
And you'll just be on the sidelines playing MC1 no-pipejump right?  ;D

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • 57"90... and ...
Re : Re: Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #58 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:44:56 »
And you'll just be on the sidelines playing MC1 no-pipejump right?  ;D

Damn right blud! Those MC1 corners around the pipes are so sexy!

Oh and Mario: That gentlemen's agreement thing between Geo and Drew of course was just a distant though/idea if they had something like that in mind, it doesnt have to happen at all, id prefer to stay the same also.
The Last Jedi of SMK

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re: Battle Mode Goal Total
« Réponse #59 le: 03 août 2010, à 16:45:24 »

D'où le fait que j'aie transposé cette liste sur le TT en disant que c'était toi l'intrus ::) ;D