Auteur Sujet: Règlement 2013: points à améliorer/changer/conserver  (Lu 98047 fois)

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
  • CDM2023: 2ème
  • Regular subscriber to the SMK multiplayer lottery
    • My Twitch channel (SMK livestreams!)
Re: Règlement 2013: points à améliorer/changer/conserver
« Réponse #90 le: 27 août 2013, à 10:29:43 »
and like harold said, YOU have to be at the top the d-day, instead of hoping the system will allow you several possibilities to compensate bad results. so on my opinion, you KVD may have been quite unlucky this year, but you can't blame the system for that.

Also, I would like to stress that my message of the system needing to be fixed can be seen seperately from my personal success or failures. I hope I have a little more integrity than that. When I did well 2 years ago in 2011 (silver MR, top 3 overall) I felt completely the same way about the shortcomings of the system as I do now.
And yes my bad performances can be partially traced to bad luck, but also simply to bad playing. Don't worry I am more than aware of this.  :(

Yeah I think the Belgium system could indeed work very well, I am not entirely familiar with it, but from what I remember it worked pretty good. I also really like the SNESOT system of a division in 2 difficulty classes (A and B level) and with a full-20 course (or in BM first to 10) group stage and this concept continued in KO phase. I'll say again that double elimination is my preferred option though. They use it in fighting tournos not because those are short matches: SF4 final phase at EVO is first to 7 wins, etc. And they have seedings for top players, so they don't have to play a large portion of all 1000 contestants in order for their ranking to be determined.
« Modifié: 27 août 2013, à 10:37:44 par KVD, the Chuck Norris of SMK »

Hors ligne clbrun

• Censeur du forum
  • Adhérents IASMK
  • Titan
  • éternel looser des quarts de finales :'(
    • un jeu de baston snes aussi bon que sf2turbo !!!
Re : Règlement 2013: points à améliorer/changer/conserver
« Réponse #91 le: 27 août 2013, à 11:38:34 »
i see what you mean about the quantity of pointless matchs, it s true. but i think there will always be some pointless matchs, even if their number tends to decrease (especially because players get better each year). so i think it becomes harder each year to qualifiy for final phasis (or to get a good rank at the poules), which means (on my opinion) that the number of matchs against players of similar level increase.

by the way, i still think that belgian system is unappropriate for the cdm due to its "unfairness" : we made some tests based on the GP 2007 poules and depending on the players the system makes me play against, my ranking could be either 3rd or 12nd (if i remember well) just due to the randomness of the matchups. so for me it is definitely not an accurate system, whatever djo pretends !

and i m not convinced that the actual system leads to unaccurate poules rankings => unappropriate 1/8th finals => unappropriate quarterfinals ??? i guess the only thing is the "pleasure to play players of similar level".

about fighting games, another thing is that the duels issues are often very depending on the matchups : each player has a character which is (de)favorised against some other characters, thus it would be unfair/ irrelevant to see a good player gets eliminated just because he had to face his nemesis character. for smk, we don t have the same problem since most of players picks the same drivers and everyone is aware of the strengths/ diseases of each character against other ones.
the 7 wins for EVO isn t a rule for all fightings tournaments (for instance i think there just ONE match at the tougeki, which is THE tournament) : i guess it is also to enable players to take other characters in case of too bad matchups.
Objectif 2013 : décrocher le titre de FOY

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
« Réponse #92 le: 27 août 2013, à 12:17:25 »
I don't wish to argue every point you make, but I'm fairly sure that EVO is THE tournament in fighting games, no? Well for the Japanese it's SBO, true...  ;D
Well regardless, Starcraft 2 uses double elim too and there are literally countless of other gaming tournaments that use it. Not all of those decisions are based on character match up issues; it is simply widely regarded as the fairest way to run a knock-out competition (and I for one agree with the common vision of tournament organizers in this regard).

Let's see what others think.  :)

Hors ligne Anton

• Elite
« Réponse #93 le: 27 août 2013, à 12:32:49 »
That's why in a first time, we need to test this system on meetings. For the CDM we agree that is not so easy to perform this. We have less than one year to discuss about it  :)

I'll keep supporting Karel 8)

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
« Réponse #94 le: 27 août 2013, à 12:55:17 »
i see what you mean about the quantity of pointless matchs, it s true. but i think there will always be some pointless matchs, even if their number tends to decrease (especially because players get better each year). so i think it becomes harder each year to qualifiy for final phasis (or to get a good rank at the poules), which means (on my opinion) that the number of matchs against players of similar level increase.

You're right about that development btw. But if the frequency of matches between players of similar level is not the problem, then it's the length of those matches that is too short to get to a proper outcome (especially in poules). Either way, things simply cannot stay the same.

Hors ligne djo

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Legend
  • Joueur retraité
    • Site mondial GP150cc
Re : Re : Règlement 2013: points à améliorer/changer/conserver
« Réponse #95 le: 27 août 2013, à 13:08:30 »
by the way, i still think that belgian system is unappropriate for the cdm due to its "unfairness" : we made some tests based on the GP 2007 poules and depending on the players the system makes me play against, my ranking could be either 3rd or 12nd (if i remember well) just due to the randomness of the matchups. so for me it is definitely not an accurate system, whatever djo pretends !
I will redo the same test to be sure but if I remember you do the test for only 8 round and not 16 like we want to do! With 8 round, for a good player you have to fight with 5 good player (on average)... Now with 16 round it's something like 12 good player (= all best players and no excuses for the top)

By the way your test is wrong : if i do the same test with the classic 2 poules system of the CDM and the results of your GP2007, your ranking could be 1st or 7th of the poule => 1st or 14th general so! All depending of the draw :P

@Karel : I don't like the Snesot type of tournament cause you have from the start to put people in force group (A, B or C) and only people of tournament A can fight for the title and the bonus!

You're right about that development btw. But if the frequency of matches between players of similar level is not the problem, then it's the length of those matches that is too short to get to a proper outcome (especially in poules). Either way, things simply cannot stay the same.
Passing at 6 courses in MR for example... but you add with that 2h of game...
« Modifié: 27 août 2013, à 13:10:45 par djo »
Webmaster du site GP150cc www.smkgp150cc.com
Webmaster du site SPK http://superparigokart.haisoft.net/
Bon bin 2ème belge ex-aequo en 2 player... :D

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
Re: Re : Re : Règlement 2013: points à améliorer/changer/conserver
« Réponse #96 le: 27 août 2013, à 15:01:29 »
@Karel : I don't like the Snesot type of tournament cause you have from the start to put people in force group (A, B or C) and only people of tournament A can fight for the title and the bonus!

It implies a metadata ranking carried over from one year to another. Kinda like how in a football competition, a new club doesn't immediately get to compete with the national champion. I don't have much of a problem with that if the event gets a more professional/serious face (which is honestly the direction I would like to see it evolve in). I think we can have such a development without sacrificing the fun...each year the performances get sicker, but as most of us know eachother, the atmosphere is really relaxed. Harold competing in the BM final with his flopshoes on, stretched legs on chair in front of him (and a beer?)  ;D 8)

Hors ligne Geo

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Legend
  • CDM2023: 5ème
« Réponse #97 le: 27 août 2013, à 15:02:45 »
ça va cette année on s'y prend tôt pour les débats sur le règlement ! :D

J'y reviendrai plus en détail plus tard, mais je crois vraiment qu'on ne peut pas continuer à avoir des finales qui se terminent à 4h du matin (on vieillit). Quand je vois comment les gens étaient contents de finir les poules de MR avant 18h et que la finale de MR soit terminée avant 1h.... ça laisserait plus de temps pour dormir, profiter des gens et se marrer !
The thing we spent the most time thinking about was the Battle Mode. Miyamoto.

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • CDM2023: 7ème
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
« Réponse #98 le: 27 août 2013, à 15:04:22 »
Y a clairement rien à changer en MR, je crois que cette édition l'a prouvé. On aurait même pu finir avant minuit comme je le disais une fois la finale terminée, si on avait bien commencé à 14 h pile et que la pause kebab n'avait pas été aussi longue (ça j'en porte le blâme, j'aurais dû imposer 20:30 et non 21 h pour la reprise des quarts).
ce que tu penses, je le sors à mes potes à l'apéro pour les faire marrer

What is said in La Suze, stays in La Suze  ;D

Hors ligne noctambule

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Legend
  • Parigo Skanky & Lovely Style
« Réponse #99 le: 27 août 2013, à 15:12:20 »
on est d'accord que c'est pas le MR qui pose problème.

il faut raccourcir les poules de battle/GP.
CDM, où tu iras j'irai :-* O0

Bref, je conclue en espérant que vous ouvriez un peu les yeux... :(

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
« Réponse #100 le: 27 août 2013, à 15:15:27 »
on est d'accord que c'est pas le MR qui pose problème.

Voire sur le fait que c'est l'épreuve reine et le meilleur mode du jeu. ;D

Pour le Battle/GP, ouais, faut trouver une solution. Mais je fais partie de ceux qui ne trouvent pas que les poules soient le vilain petit canard ici. Ce sont les phases finales qui font qu'on termine très tard. De mémoire, on ne perd qu'une heure environ au niveau des poules par rapport au MR, mais on constate 3 à 4 heures de différence après la finale.

Si on raccourcit les poules de battle et de GP, sans rien toucher aux phases finales, j'ai peur que ça ne change pas grand-chose. Le seul truc pertinent à faire à mon sens, c'est de rajouter un truc dans le fichier Excel qui empêche que des levels 0 ou 1 se rencontrent en poule sur la Star ou la Special :-X

Hors ligne ScouB

• Webmaster
  • Titan
  • SMK World Champion
    • Twitch
« Réponse #101 le: 27 août 2013, à 15:17:57 »
Si on avait vraiment commencé a 13-14h et qu'on prenne pas une trop longue pose diner, ca aurait pas été si mal ... Après oui pour finir plus tôt ! Commencer une finale de battle a 3h14 ca peut plus aller.  :-X
:kot_1: :kot_2: :kot_3: :kot_eclair: :kot_coeur: :kot_baffe:  Calza.

Follow me on: YouTube // Twitch // Twitter

Hors ligne Alicia Kart

• Modérateur
  • Titan
  • Bored.
    • Ma page perso Twitch
« Réponse #102 le: 27 août 2013, à 19:34:28 »
Rien que le GP a commencé avec 1 heure de retard, et le début a été lent avec les interview qui se continuaient. Au lieu de se finir à 3h30, le GP pouvait donc se terminer dès 2h00 avec des pauses un tout petit peu moins longues entre les matches des phases finales, malgré une petite finale terminée 4-3 et une finale terminée 5-4... ::)

Le Battle apparemment a été commencé tard aussi, et je trouvais aussi de toute manière que les pauses lors des phases finales étaient trop longues.

Donc moi, je fais partie de ceux qui pensent toujours qu'on peut respecter de bons horaires sans rien changer. ;D
"Ainsi Julien a conduit une certaine substance effrayante à la montre dehors pour!!"

#2 PAL / #1 NTSC

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
« Réponse #103 le: 27 août 2013, à 20:06:06 »
Rien que le GP a commencé avec 1 heure de retard, et le début a été lent avec les interview qui se continuaient. Au lieu de se finir à 3h30, le GP pouvait donc se terminer dès 2h00 avec des pauses un tout petit peu moins longues entre les matches des phases finales, malgré une petite finale terminée 4-3 et une finale terminée 5-4... ::)

[...]

Donc moi, je fais partie de ceux qui pensent toujours qu'on peut respecter de bons horaires sans rien changer. ;D

C'est dans ce sens que je réfléchis également. On a démarré le GP avec une heure de retard sur l'horaire prédéfini et c'est la première fois que les petite et grande finales se terminent avec le plus grand nombre de cups jouées (4-3, 5-4) en même temps. En même temps c'est la faute de Karel et Neo qui auraient dû admettre d'emblée la supériorité de leurs adversaires au lieu d'espérer bêtement ::)

Hors ligne clbrun

• Censeur du forum
  • Adhérents IASMK
  • Titan
  • éternel looser des quarts de finales :'(
    • un jeu de baston snes aussi bon que sf2turbo !!!
« Réponse #104 le: 27 août 2013, à 20:38:12 »

Le Battle apparemment a été commencé tard aussi, et je trouvais aussi de toute manière que les pauses lors des phases finales étaient trop longues.

je n'étais pas là cette année, mais je plussoie : il faudrait vraiment noter les heures de début et de fin effectives des poules de chaque mode et comptabiliser les éventuelles pauses, et à mon avis on ne constaterait pas de si grandes différences entre le MR et les autres modes 2players. le retard vient quasiment toujours des phases finales, et un système de double élimination viendrait encore les rallonger un peu  :-X :plume:
Objectif 2013 : décrocher le titre de FOY