Auteur Sujet: Awarding the top prizes. An idea by Zarkov.  (Lu 24972 fois)

Hors ligne Champion de la TOC

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • CDM2023: 4ème
  • 57"90... and ...
    • Super Mario Kart Time Trial World Rankings
Re : Awarding the top prizes. An idea by Zarkov.
« Réponse #15 le: 18 avril 2014, à 22:27:51 »
I would say, give 4 Wii U's to the Top 4. As the player who reaches 4th doesn't get a trophy either, but they are an "Overall Semi-Finalist" and thus should be rewarded I think, as has always been done in the past. Sometimes Nintendo de la France gave 4 top items instead of 5 if I am right?

Of course then this means the 5th Wii U can go to some other means. But I agree with several above it shouldn't go to a complete random pick. It must be for some purpose. Surprise improvers etc; e.g someone who was 25th last year and reaches Top 10 this year.

Winner of each mode getting the top prize may not work; Florent, Pierre and I won more than one mode on a few years, I don't think it'll be right for anyone to take 2 Wii U's home.

As for the Mario Kart 8s, they will go to 6th - 10th again or be distributed similar way?

If no decision can be made then doing it the usual way will still get the Top 10 a great prize anyway. If those are not sure then train for the top 10 harder ;) or we only have 15 - 20 signups so far anyway so lets get some more people to register first :)
The Last Jedi of SMK

"It's time for the SMK skills, to end"

Hors ligne djo

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Legend
  • Joueur retraité
    • Site mondial GP150cc
Re : Re : Awarding the top prizes. An idea by Zarkov.
« Réponse #16 le: 18 avril 2014, à 22:37:03 »
Kinda agree about a top prize possibly given to someone who has performed excellently over the week. We already did something similar the last years, with the "Prix du Mérite" thing, but the guy rather earned a bottle of Champagne or a random trophy than a "big" prize. So we could do something like this, indeed ;) But it might be difficult to decide whose player to give this prize in some cases (if several lass-skilled players did something great).
An idea : With the last version of the SB system, you could compare the level defined at the start (which mean the theorical ranking) and the ranking reached after the group phase => The best total improvement (over 4 modes) win the price
=> The price will never go to a top player but to a mid or a noob
But I think it's not for the biggest price (WiU and so on), more for a smaller one!
« Modifié: 18 avril 2014, à 22:45:50 par djo »
Webmaster du site GP150cc www.smkgp150cc.com
Webmaster du site SPK http://superparigokart.haisoft.net/
Bon bin 2ème belge ex-aequo en 2 player... :D

Hors ligne ZTI

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Titan
  • SeB
« Réponse #17 le: 18 avril 2014, à 22:37:41 »
sami did you read my suggestions ???

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • 57"90... and ...
« Réponse #18 le: 19 avril 2014, à 01:36:41 »
sami did you read my suggestions ???

Yes I did earlier still complicated though... theres still time to think about this anyway.

Maybe it will end up like the story about the tortoise wanting to look for a new shell, then going back to the original in the end cos none of the others worked better.
The Last Jedi of SMK

Hors ligne clbrun

• Censeur du forum
  • Adhérents IASMK
  • Titan
  • éternel looser des quarts de finales :'(
    • un jeu de baston snes aussi bon que sf2turbo !!!
« Réponse #19 le: 19 avril 2014, à 14:06:36 »
selecting an overachiever is very biased and would also be based on a like-factor, like in a popylarity contest of sorts.
i totally agree karel about that, i think no prize should be given according to "subjective feeling", should it be by a vote or by a staff decision.
because there will always be some jealous guys : "mario/ the staff gave a prize to their friend" or "all the members of the X team voted for their friend"
some pseudo-calculated performance (based on djo's proposition) seems bad for me too, because there is absolutely no comparison possible due to the differences of the matchs everyone plays.

in the other side i am not against a lottery, but it should be only for players who attend to the 4 modes of the cdm (and who didn't already win a prize for being top3-4)

when i was president, i think the prizes were often given as follows :
- one prize for each mode winner
- if a guy wins more than one mode, he only gets one prize and the other prize(s) is given to the best ranked guy (overall) who didn't win a prize

and maybe it s already meant like that, but i guess there are in fact 5 top prizes (wii u) + 5 big prizes (mk8) ?
« Modifié: 19 avril 2014, à 14:10:13 par clbrun »
Objectif 2013 : décrocher le titre de FOY

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • CDM2023: 7ème
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
Re : Re : Re : Awarding the top prizes. An idea by Zarkov.
« Réponse #20 le: 19 avril 2014, à 14:10:10 »
when i was president, i think the prizes were given as follows :
- one prize for each mode winner
- if a guy wins more than one mode, he only gets one prize and the other prize(s) is given to the best ranked guy (overall) who didn't win a prize
This is actually exactly what happened last year, lol.
ce que tu penses, je le sors à mes potes à l'apéro pour les faire marrer

What is said in La Suze, stays in La Suze  ;D

Hors ligne ZTI

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Titan
  • SeB
« Réponse #21 le: 19 avril 2014, à 14:13:25 »
EDITED

why would it be biased if it is voted by everyone, this is democracy LOL
and for the organisers, as they are holding the CDM I think they can do what they want and give a prize if they want, fair enough!

of course forbidden to vote for oneself

;) ;) ;)

I positive my idea (with the example I made for 2013) because other ideas would lead to suffocating calculations :fireball:

and let's see how many spots minus or plus are going to be after the counting of different players getting a trophy or medal.

if not enough prizes you give to the best trophy/medal then at equivalent trophy/medal you give to overall result then to the best mode
if enough you give to #4 spots or even TOP 10 overall

anyway this cannot be discussed all before the CDM, at least we can be sure that the top 5 overall and mode winners will get a prize... (or top 3 overall and mode finalists)

because atm it seems we have 11 "big" prizes.

for example if we had those 11 prizes in 2013 :
3 wii u packs to top3 overall (neo/sami/scoub)
3 MK8 to mode podiums left (mario/harold/geo)
2 MK8 to #4 spots left (KVD/gatchan)
2 wii u pack to top10 overall left (drew/conor) <--- encouraging other challengers to get into top 10
1 F-zero for democracy vote :D <--- encouraging everyone to do his best and surprising everyone else

EDIT : table add for helping the guess

we can see the number 10 occurs regularly except when one player doesn't play all the modes and get into one semifinal without getting into top10 overall
« Modifié: 19 avril 2014, à 15:32:03 par ZTI »

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • 57"90... and ...
« Réponse #22 le: 19 avril 2014, à 22:16:27 »
Just a suggestion from my sister Ayla who was reading the topic to help give an incentive for some of the lower ranked players to win something:

- 2 Wii U's and 2 Mario Kart 8's for players within the Top 10.

- 2 Wii U's and 2 Mario Kart 8's for players ranked within 11th to 20th who have done some significant climb from the previous year / result.

- 1 Wii U and 1 Mario Kart 8 for players ranked from 20th - 30th who have done some significant climb from the previous year / results.

I forgot the previous year's prizes were distributed as per mode winners, which is viable then to the next person who hadn't won who was highest ranked. Mainly there are 10 big prizes this year as opposed to 4-5 so there is a lot more to spread around.

Anyway let us know what is decided.
The Last Jedi of SMK

Hors ligne ZTI

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Titan
  • SeB
« Réponse #23 le: 19 avril 2014, à 22:21:17 »
i forgot to say , but there will be only one prize per family ::) ::) ::) >:D 0:) :poisson:

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
« Réponse #24 le: 19 avril 2014, à 23:05:51 »
Reading all that shit I'm seriously starting to consider keeping all the prizes for myself ::)

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • 57"90... and ...
« Réponse #25 le: 20 avril 2014, à 01:03:38 »
i forgot to say , but there will be only one prize per family ::) ::) ::) >:D 0:) :poisson:

Of course what did you think lol?  ???

Im happy for any decision, you lot decide, these are just other suggestions if you need them at all or not
The Last Jedi of SMK

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
« Réponse #26 le: 19 août 2014, à 17:17:55 »
Someone who got a medal and not in the top 3 overall : Wii U pack

Defo agree. Harold, Drew and me were concerned about that.

Je vais revenir sur un point qui m'a particulièrement agacé en tant que président et responsable des partenariats: l'annonce claire et nette par un potentiel vainqueur de lot (un des packs Wii U) qu'il comptait le revendre directement s'il l'obtenait. Et ce au détriment de joueurs classés très proches de lui, qui tenaient beaucoup à le remporter, soit parce qu'ils n'avaient pas encore la console et qu'ils souhaitaient se la procurer par ce biais, soit parce qu'ils souhaitaient l'offrir pour un anniversaire. Par le passé, certains joueurs ont offert leurs lots au sein de leur famille, et je trouve ça tout à fait honorable et d'un très bon esprit.

À l'opposé, j'estime personnellement être de très mauvais esprit l'attitude décrite plus haut, qui vise non seulement à se faire de l'argent sur des lots généreusement fournis par un partenaire fidèle et essentiel au témoignage de notre sérieux, mais indirectement à priver des compétiteurs très proches au classement d'un lot qu'ils souhaitent bien davantage. Déjà qu'on n'est pas spécialement censé participer au CDM pour les lots en priorité, mais alors si on a pour but de les revendre quand on sent qu'on peut les décrocher... :-\

Évidemment, le sujet me touche tout particulièrement puisque j'ai (et je l'ai mérité!) raté le top 5 de très peu, me faisant battre par un adversaire direct (Karel, en GP) ayant ensuite décroché la place nécessaire (3è de ce mode) lui permettant de me dépasser au tout dernier moment. J'aurais été également assez déçu de remporter la dernière Wii U mise en jeu et de voir Karel, manifestement intéressé, être le premier à ne pas en obtenir alors qu'un joueur classé devant nous deux n'en avait plus ou moins rien à foutre d'un tel lot, et surtout, comptait le revendre dans la foulée. J'avoue m'être même positionné initialement sur la potentielle revente avant d'y renoncer en partie car je refusais de cautionner cela.

Vraiment, évitez les "t'as fini 6, bien fait pour toi, t'avais qu'à mieux jouer", mon cas n'est là que pour servir d'exemple et envisager sérieusement une autre attribution des lots phares. Vous noterez par ailleurs que j'ai préféré laisser un de mes "suiveurs" au classement bénéficier du MK8 collector (que je possède déjà) ou d'une autre édition du jeu et prendre possession d'un lot m'intéressant vraiment. Ce n'est vraiment pas la première fois qu'un des lots majeurs est revendu très peu de temps par une personne n'étant pas intéressée et y voyant une occasion de se faire un gros billet rapidement. Le but des lots fournis au CDM est de récompenser des fans de jeux vidéo par des lots de qualité correspondant à leur passion, et aucunement de leur permettre de se faire de l'argent.

La FFSMK est une association à but non lucratif et il serait vraiment appréciable que ses plus fidèles adhérents suivent la même ligne de conduite... :-\

Du coup, j'envisage plus que sérieusement, pour l'édition à venir, de réfléchir à un moyen de ne fournir les lots majeurs qu'à des joueurs les souhaitant vraiment pour leur usage personnel, ou désirant en faire cadeau à un proche. Je doute que Nintendo apprécierait de savoir qu'un des cinq packs si généreusement fournis a été récupéré par quelqu'un ayant clamé, avant même d'être officiellement dans le top 5, qu'il le revendrait dans la foulée.

Si vous trouvez que j'exagère et/ou qu'il appartient à quiconque décroche un lot d'en faire ce que bon lui semble, n'hésitez pas à le faire savoir, je ne suis pas non plus là pour définir quel comportement est bon ou mauvais, et ce qui doit être encouragé ou condamné. Je ne fais qu'exprimer un point de vue, avec l'espoir qu'il soit partagé, et que cela puisse éventuellement favoriser une meilleure attribution des meilleurs lots du CDM.

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
Re : Re : Re : Re : Awarding the top prizes. An idea by Zarkov.
« Réponse #27 le: 19 août 2014, à 17:57:55 »
Je savais pas que t'étais devenu comme ca Mario, est ce que tu pleures le soir ? On peut t'aider  :-*

Et moi je pensais que ce genre de réaction serait franchement évitée.

J'insiste vraiment, je ne parle pas pour mon cas personnel: en 2009 j'étais 5è, le 6è n'a pas pu profiter d'un lot que le 3è a eu et revendu dans la foulée.

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
« Réponse #28 le: 19 août 2014, à 18:00:49 »
Bah alors évite ce genre de remarque, on dirait que tu me fais passer pour un rageux :P

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
« Réponse #29 le: 19 août 2014, à 18:08:15 »
Évidemment que si mais là, la discussion est un peu sérieuse, j'aimerais voir s'il n'y a que moi que ça choque, ou si vous trouvez ça normal...