Auteur Sujet: Présentation du projet d'un cdm smk 2019 à Gasny / cdm smk 2019 project in Gasny  (Lu 10229 fois)

Hors ligne Adrien

• Bureau IASMK
  • King
  • CDM2023: 16ème
  • Joueur & Orga retraité
Agree with Clark. The proposal is very good, so whatever ends up being decided, the event will be in good hands. It's actually a nice luxury to have 2 very good alternatives.  8)
May I say that's a first in history ? :)

in fact, it's the 4th time that we had to choose between more than one championship ;).
But each year the ffsmk's generally merge proposition with one CDM. and normally let new cdm proposal coming (2016,2018) when we hear the proposal, for testing something new and find new good places to make a cdm.
but this year, we didn't find solution.. that's why this poll came (even if for me it's a negative thing, because we split the community more than we gather it).

I still doesn't understand why we don't leave a chance for a new proposal this year (and maybe alternate each 2 years in the future ?). even if we really enjoy the Suze room it doesn't corresponding to our needs now, that's a fact, ok then let's find another place who corresponding to our needs. It will be most probably the last time for having a "traditionnal" cdm with maximum enhancement.

after, yeah i know the both proposal are very good (the cdm gain each year in quality) but i really think we have missed something..
« Modifié: 21 janvier 2019, à 09:59:52 par Adrien »
Be The Change You Want to See in the World.

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
  • CDM2023: 2ème
  • Regular subscriber to the SMK multiplayer lottery
    • My Twitch channel (SMK livestreams!)
I feel that missing one year of partnership and growth with the Esports arena (they are growing quite rapidly in this scene) will be a bad thing for 2019. I am not saying we should never have a back-to-the-roots-style CDM again, but right now the Esports arena has only been open for little over a year and is still in a very developmental stage where a lot of stuff is happening and it's all very hot right there (partnerships with Twitch, chair company, Nintendo, deal with local hotel etc.). It would be good to ride that wave with them in my opinion. But most important is what the majority of the CDM participants prefer for the future direction of the event. If this turns out to be Gasny, I will personally be happy as well. I am expecting the holiday feeling to be more prominent, there are football pitches ( 8)) and there is more room for all of us. So yeah, we really shouldn't be disappointed either way.

I don't agree about the community divided thing btw. We can still be a group when we have different preferences and expectations, right?

« Modifié: 21 janvier 2019, à 10:56:56 par KVD »

Hors ligne Adrien

• Bureau IASMK
  • King
  • Joueur & Orga retraité
i understand it ;)

but for me (maybe I'm wrong ?) this will be i think, the last opportunity to make a back-to-the-roots-style cdm. before Jm and me organizers, all organizers are designed ("forced" is maybe too much) to organize one. The cdm grow pretty quickly to gain quality earch year, and regarless of that we continue to organize this kind of event, but this will be our last year. And i actually didn't find people who are enough crazy to organize a root style one (alternate each year with a root one and a more professional one seems to be good compromise for the community).

i'm not saying we are upper than others and we organize absolutely all. All the work is also made by all the staff behind (ff, tif, Scoub, antistar, etc... (the list is too long :P))

and I'm happy to see the Netherlands team is ready to take part to the championship organization (even if it's for a more professional one) otherwise i didn't let a chance for Alphen last year ;)

for the group division, yes we can have different preference and expectation (fortunately  ;D), but with these poll i've the impression that a lot just want the third option "i don't care, i just want to have fun" and we had to "force" player to choose one to another (again force is maybe to strong, but sure you get the idea).

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
Perhaps the 3rd option should have been added, but if people aren't bothered where it is, presumably they won't vote right?  :P

Hors ligne Adrien

• Bureau IASMK
  • King
  • Joueur & Orga retraité
if i add the third option, i know this will be the winner one ;)

but if people aren't bothered where it is, presumably they won't vote right?  :P

some yes (the silent majority  ;)) but when I see 37 votes after only 48 hours.. i'm not sure :P

but, in the other hand happy to see that a lot of players are interested in.
« Modifié: 21 janvier 2019, à 11:41:47 par Adrien »

Hors ligne tif

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • Champion de la food
but for me (maybe I'm wrong ?) this will be i think, the last opportunity to make a back-to-the-roots-style cdm. before Jm and me organizers, all organizers are designed ("forced" is maybe too much) to organize one.

Nah even if Alphen gets chosen this year we can still try and go for Gasny in 2020. Even if you guys don't want a part in the organization team, I'm still willing to make it happen ;)

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
I was gonna ask why, so that's very good to hear tif.

Hors ligne tif

• Adhérents IASMK
  • King
  • Champion de la food
... I mean that only applies provided there's an organisation team helping me this time but seeing there's like a full association willing to do just that in Gasny I'm not too worried about that.

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • CDM2023: 7ème
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
I also do not see any single reason for Gasny 2019 to be the last chance to have an old-school style CDM. We really should stop seeing bullshit like this as long as there are people interested in organizing CDM this way (and Tif's answer proves there would probably be some).

Plus, if La Suze style (which is what Gasny looks like compared to Alphen) looks "old-school" to some people, well, think again about everything before 2008, lol.
ce que tu penses, je le sors à mes potes à l'apéro pour les faire marrer

What is said in La Suze, stays in La Suze  ;D

Hors ligne Adrien

• Bureau IASMK
  • King
  • Joueur & Orga retraité
yeah, i'm sorry i'm sometimes too much focused on 2019  ;D

Hors ligne Adrien

• Bureau IASMK
  • King
  • Joueur & Orga retraité
FR

pas mal de news coté Gasny  8),

Nous avons rencontré la municipalité avec Gros_Dédé et il en est ressorti plusieurs points dont voici les principaux :
 :etoile: concernant le réseau / stream : il mettrons en œuvre l'installation d'une box pour qu'elle soit disponible lors du championnat.
Nous gardons cependant notre plan B et nous avons effectué plusieurs tests de 4G à l’intérieur de la salle. Nous obtenons des débits d'upload variant entre 30 et 40 Mb/s. Pour information un Stream 1080p consomme 4Mb/s* soit très peu par rapport a la bande passante disponible.
 :etoile: la ville nous a spontanément proposé de réaliser sur ces espaces verts des sculptures sur la thématique jeu vidéo / mario kart
 :etoile: Nous disposerons de barnum, de tables ainsi que de chaises extérieures afin de profiter au maximum de l'été qui s'annonce très très chaud  8) (et parce qu'il n'y a rien de meilleur qu'un barbecue en extérieur ! #tmtc)
 :etoile: la mairie nous a redonné une liste comprenant quelques nouveaux hôtels supplémentaires a proximité
 :etoile: la salle sera gratuite pour toute la durée du cdm (ce qui nous permettra de se concentrer d'avantage sur les lots ainsi que la nourriture)

*pour information les débits d'upload nécessaire pour un stream :
- supérieur à 4 Mbit/s : 1080p 60fps
- de 2 à 4 Mbit/s : 1080p 30fps
- de 1 à 2 Mbit/s : 720p 60fps
- de 0.7 à 1 Mbit/s : 480p 30fps
- inférieur à 0.7 Mbit/s : 360p 25fps

EN

a lot of news on Gasny project 8),

We met the municipality with Gros_Dédé and several points emerged,  here is the most interresting :
 :etoile: concerning the network / stream: they will implement the installation of a network box so it will be available during the championship.
However, we keep our B plan, we have performed several 4G tests inside the room and we obtain upload rates varying between 30 and 40 Mb/s. For information a 1080p stream consumes 4Mb/s*, which is very low compared to the available bandwidth.
 :etoile: the city spontaneously proposed to us to create sculptures on these green spaces on the theme of video games / mario kart
 :etoile: We will have barnum, tables and outdoor chairs to enjoy the summer, which promises to be very, very hot 8) (and because there is nothing better than an outdoor barbecue!)
 :etoile: the town hall has given us a list again with some additional new hotels nearby
 :etoile: the room will be free for the duration of the cdm (which will allow us to focus more on the prizes and food)

*for information the upload rates required for a stream:
- greater than 4 Mbit/s : 1080p 60fps
- from 2 to 4 Mbit/s : 1080p 30fps
- from 1 to 2 Mbit/s : 720p 60fps
- from 0.7 to 1 Mbit/s : 480p 30fps
- less than 0.7 Mbit/s : 360p 25fps
« Modifié: 26 janvier 2019, à 13:13:13 par Adrien »