Auteur Sujet: SMK PAL Championships 2021 (CDE/SMKAS part 2)?!  (Lu 17124 fois)

Hors ligne Antistar

• Adhérents IASMK
  • Myth
  • CDM2023: 7ème
  • ★★★★★★★
    • Antistar.fr
SMK PAL Championships 2021 (CDE/SMKAS part 2)?!
« Réponse #30 le: 15 août 2021, à 15:43:31 »
Trop bien :D
ce que tu penses, je le sors à mes potes à l'apéro pour les faire marrer

What is said in La Suze, stays in La Suze  ;D

Hors ligne Narnet

• Legend
  • CDM2023: 18ème
  • The cab driver of SMK
    • Shame
SMK PAL Championships 2021 (CDE/SMKAS part 2)?!
« Réponse #31 le: 25 octobre 2022, à 16:35:03 »
Bonjour Narnet.  :plume:  :D

C'est une blague, c'est ça ?  ::)

Unfortunately the real joke is what happened when none of the people that are so vocal about the rules stepped up to save the FFSMK when it was dying / disbanding.  :-X

But let's not just point fingers here. What you say is true: this version of the rules document was proposed first in September 2020 in a period when focusing on the next tournament was difficult. We can of course empathize with this point you make.
You mentioned nothing of the Swiss system in your first post in this topic. You just referred to the fact that SMKAS was not a CDM (which we all agree on to begin with) and the old TT coefficient discussion, which is the one thing that has been debated extensively in the community more than a year ago (starting January 2020 to be precise). Discussions on the TT format change took place on this forum, at live events (Winter Cup and ASMKC), on the Discord and in the international SMK WhatsApp group. The vast majority of people that engaged were in favor of treating TT equally and justifying this by extending the Last Karter standing. There were a few voices against (a handful of French only), but I'm sure everyone understands it's unreasonable to expect unanimous support for every decision. We then field tested this new TT implementation at CDM 2019 and the extended format at SMKAS 2020 and it was very well received both times.

For the sake of clear communication then, it is possible we did not formally announce the final decision in this matter (even though the discussion ended over a year ago), but here it is: TT will be implemented in the fashion described by the rules outlined above in any tournament organized by the IASMK going forward.

The other changes were first suggested in the September 2020 topic (and some of them were also field tested and well received at SMKAS a month earlier). We intended to test the Swiss system at SMKAS, but it didn't make sense to do so with only a dozen players. So I think it is fair that these changes can still be up for discussion. I apologize for my tone making them seem almost final (I was mostly referring to the TT part there, which is the only thing you addressed in your first post). We have been discouraged by the lack of supportive messages about SMK events on this forum, so that may have triggered my tone a little. You say the window was 5 days, but the window was never closed so it's been open for at least 6 months. By the way, the proposed switch from Belgian to Swiss system is also largely born out of pragmaticism. I doubt even Djo (the creator) knows exactly how the Excel code works behind this system and of the people in the IASMK organisation only Patrick can sort of run it. And when I say sort of, I mean he does run into trouble with bugs and stuff almost every time it is used.

I will say the odds are high that this summer's SMK tournament will be a SMKAS part 2 and not an official Championnat (again), so it will give us one more opportunity to field test the new format and this time hopefully with a higher number of participants. For the sake of clear communication once again then: the format and associated rules that are being suggested and tested are not just for a spinoff tournament series. The intent is clear here: if the format is approved it will be applied to any SMK tournament organized by the IASMK tournament going forward (including CDM 2022, etc). I hope that is clear.  :)  If you or anyone has any questions or remarks about the switch to a Swiss system or other proposed rules, now would be the time.

Je viens de découvrir aujourd'hui le Discord SMK .... Je comprends mieux pourquoi mon inconscient a fait que je ne m'y suis jamais intéressé :
a) il faut parler en anglais
b) c'est un tchat géant sans queue ni tête, sur plusieurs années .... avec quelques (pas assez) thèmes/onglets par ci par là pour faire vaguement comme si c'était organisé. Je préfère largement un forum.

Bref : compliqué de retrouver la trace des discussions des convaincus du coefficient 2 en TT.
Le Whatsapp international, ça va être le même délire.
Et les discussions irl : l'ASMKC, je n'y étais pas, et la Winter 2020, je devais dormir ou commenter, je n'y ai pas pris part.

Tout ça pour dire que je suis toujours contre cette "évolution" du poids du TT (et de + en +), bien que le seul ou presque, apparemment.
Et qu'après 2 années de pratique lors des championnats, je suis désormais bien remonté contre le système Suisse également ...

J'étayerai mes propos un peu + tard (pour le système Suisse, pour démontrer certaines choses, j'ai besoin de saisir des données pendant des heures et des heures, et actuellement je n'ai pas l'envie ni la motivation de le faire ; mon début d'année scolaire a été "compliqué" et j'ai encore besoin de recul et de repos pour m'adonner à ça).
Et pour le TT, je vais devoir m'attaquer à mes bilans des CdM 2021 et 2022, et répondre à ce qui m'a personnellement agacé cet été, même si je m'en suis expliqué irl avec la personne concernée ; mêmes motifs, mêmes punitions : ni l'envie, ni la motivation.
J'ai néanmoins planifié la semaine prochaine pour m'attaquer (enfin) à tout ça, après une semaine complète de vacances.

Voilà voilà, affaires (et débats ?) à suivre

Premier être humain à avoir 960 temps répertoriés sur le site de Djo
3-ème de la Fun Cup au briord le Pi-Day 2009
66,66 % de victoires (2/3) en matchs officiels sur la map 1 contre Geo, champion du monde de battle 2009 et 2011
Aussi fort qu'Harold, le triple champion du monde de Battle, sur la map 4
Vainqueur du tournoi improvisé de SMK de la PPRM 2 (2010)
Qualifié en phase finale du TT et de GP au CDM 2011
3ème du GP à la Fall Cup 2016
3ème du TT à la Winter 2017

Hasta el non-NBT siempre

Le travail surpasse le talent quand le talent échoue à faire son oeuvre