Auteur Sujet: Suspension notice  (Lu 507 fois)

Hors ligne Lafungo

• Bureau IASMK
  • Elite
  • CDM2023: 3ème
Suspension notice
« le: 29 décembre 2022, à 19:19:03 »
On behalf of the IASMK, I am unfortunately issuing a one-year suspension to Côme as of the end of CDM 2022 (and thus up to and including CDM 2023). I would have liked to post about this in a more timely manner, but here we are.

To give a bit of context about this decision, and since the behavior leading to it was largely in a public space, I'll allow myself to provide some details. The crux of the matter is as follows:
1. Côme got extremely intoxicated on Friday night, which led to him acting belligerently towards EGA staff and having to be physically removed from the venue after refusing to do so himself at closing time.
2. Later in the night, he created a significant noise disturbance in order to be let into his hotel room, and one of his roommates had to leave and sleep on a bench outside the hotel to avoid further escalation.

I would like to reiterate that getting drunk at CDM is not inherently a problem, but that we are still responsible for our actions when inebriated and must face their consequences. Due to the impact of Côme's behavior on other people's well-being and enjoyment of the event, we believe that this one-year suspension is an appropriate consequence for his actions.

(For reference, I did speak to Côme about this on the Saturday of CDM and told him that there would be a consequence, although I wasn't 100% sure at the time what it would be.)

Hors ligne Lafungo

• Bureau IASMK
  • Elite
  • CDM2023: 3ème
Suspension notice
« Réponse #1 le: 29 décembre 2022, à 19:22:49 »
(Version française via DeepL)

Au nom de l'IASMK, j'émets malheureusement une suspension d'un an à l'encontre de Côme à compter de la fin du CDM 2022 (et donc jusqu'au CDM 2023 inclus). J'aurais aimé publier ce message plus rapidement, mais nous voilà.

Pour donner un peu de contexte à cette décision, et puisque le comportement qui y a conduit s'est largement déroulé dans un espace public, je vais me permettre de donner quelques détails. Le fond de l'affaire est le suivant :
1. Côme a été extrêmement intoxiqué le vendredi soir, ce qui l'a conduit à se comporter de manière belliqueuse envers le personnel de l'EGA et à devoir être physiquement expulsé du lieu après avoir refusé de le faire lui-même à la fermeture.
2. Plus tard dans la nuit, il a fait beaucoup de bruit pour qu'on le laisse entrer dans sa chambre d'hôtel, et l'un de ses colocataires a dû partir et dormir sur un banc à l'extérieur de l'hôtel pour éviter que les choses escalent davantage.

Je tiens à rappeler que le fait de s'enivrer au CDM n'est pas un problème en soi, mais que nous sommes responsables de nos actes lorsque nous sommes en état d'ébriété et que nous devons en assumer les conséquences. En raison de l'impact du comportement de Côme sur le bien-être des autres personnes et sur leur plaisir de l'événement, nous pensons que cette suspension d'un an est une conséquence appropriée pour ses actions.

(Pour référence, j'ai parlé à Côme à ce sujet le samedi du CDM et lui ai dit qu'il y aurait une conséquence, même si je n'étais pas sûr à 100% à ce moment-là de ce que ce serait).

Hors ligne SparksF1

• SMK Fan
Suspension notice
« Réponse #2 le: 02 janvier 2023, à 21:40:30 »
If i may add a small note to this. A one year ban is very fair and i really hope that Come will return in 2024. I was very annoyed at the events of the evening but most of it was from sadness as i had had a great time in his company all week.

So going forward i would like to wish Come a very happy new year and keep practicing because in 2024 i will be there with a big hug for him.

Hors ligne KVD

• Webmaster
  • Legend
  • CDM2023: 2ème
  • Regular subscriber to the SMK multiplayer lottery
    • My Twitch channel (SMK livestreams!)
Suspension notice
« Réponse #3 le: 02 janvier 2023, à 21:53:53 »
Thanks for the update Lafungo, it seems to be a fair and most of all also an understandable decision. I also echo the sentiments of Paul's message. We all make mistakes, the important thing is that we try to learn from them.